Tuesday, December 13, 2011

More Tidbits

Ellie
~Loves to sing 'the temple song' (I love to see the temple), but for some reason every time we start singing it she (extremely loudly) sings 'PIE-MAHREE' (primary) two or three times before joining in with the real words...go figure
~She's turning into an artist for reals! She does an excellent job coloring (you can actually tell the shapes of things when she's done)
~She can write her name all by herself
~'I dohn wan to faw in dah darbage tan...we dohn doe in darbage tans' (I don't want to fall in the garbage can, we don't go in garbage cans)
~'We dohn eat piders...jes food' (We don't eat spiders, just food)
~teacups='peetups'
~On Sunday she really wanted to go and bare her testimony. Matt didn't want her to go up and do nothing so he asked her what she wanted to bare her testimony about. She didn't know, so I said what about temples? Matt helped her practice and practice and she got up and said into the microphone 'tempo' I couldn't have been more proud.

Kayden
~Starting to slowly understand that he can verbalize words to help communicate.
~Everything red (But in particular...the Grinch) is DahDAH (santa)
~Jesus was 'YAYAYAYO' but now it is something that resembles Jesus a little more...but I can't quite sound it out yet
~Dad-DahAH
~Night Night-NIENIE
~Banana-NAH NAH
~He's a nose picker...well maybe not, he just stuffs his finger up his nose when it's runny to plug it I think...and it's been runny a lot.
~He doesn't like to stay in bed and sleep like a good boy anymore...he likes to terrorize
~He LOVES his sister. For example, today he woke up earlier than her, and he tried to wake her up, but I ushered him out of the room. He kept trying to get in and get to his sister. And pound on the door...then pound on the door of the toy room...and he has a word for Ellie, but I can't sound that one out either
~Can reach the doorknobs...it's only a matter of time now...
~Still gets his face beat up by walls and doors and toys and today it was a shopping cart wheel....oh this kid...
~LOVES shoes still...and wants everybody to wear them all the time, and will bring us our shoes and try to put them on us...picks up our foot and everything. It's cute.

Oh man, these two. They've pushed more buttons than I knew I had. But nothing beats a tight hug or a snotty/slobbery kiss at the end of the day.