Matt had to work a lot in October. If he wasn't onsite (16 days out of October) he had to work late at the office. He barely got to see his kids at all. It was wearing on me and the kids. I needed a breather and they needed the rough-house playtime that I'm terrible at. (Utmost respect to single parents all over the world. What a job you have!) I couldn't handle their 'help' anymore, and I was trying to make dinner. So I threw a few sheets over the table, extended the leaf...by myself! (that is one heavy table), gave them some pasta and bowls and utensils and told them to make their own dinner. They had a grand ol' time. I got dinner made. Too bad Matt had just cleaned the floor the night before, and was upset at the mess they made with the noodles. Nothin' like pulling your hair out, finally finding something they can entertain themselves with, and having Hubs be mad about it. Oh well. It swept up quickly and the kids played instead of watching TV while dinner was being made...and most importantly, nobody got hurt until reinforcements came.
