~Was headed to the dentist when Kayden turned the most awful color of blue/purple/gray from head to toe. I can honestly say that was the most scared I've ever been in my life. [March 13, 2012]
~Kaydo's doing great. Other than being blue (not sad) yesterday you'd never guess he was sick. He's even made friends with his dinosaur breathing mask...It's pretty cute. [March 14, 2012]
~Ellie's lunch time prayer-- 'So glad Ellie goes potty on the potty. So glad Ellie gets new panties. *pause* PUNZOH (Rapunzel) panties!' [March 17, 2012]
~Ellie, Kaydo, and I got to skype with Brad in Iraq. He's doing well. :) Now that Ellie has a face with the name she is always sure to add Unkoh Bwrad's safety to her prayers (a couple times). It's pretty cute. [March 19, 2012]
~Matt's giving me the night off. He's taking the kids and making dinner. Now what to do? So many options. :) [March 29, 2012]
~Ellie's first day of dance! She loved it. And the teacher said she was a pointed toe away from being caught up with the other dancers that have been dancing for a year and a half...whatever that means for a three year old dancer. :) [April 2, 2012]
~Ellie hollers up the stairs 'MOOOOMMM' "Yes?" 'I tooted. I said seuse me. I need a doe (go) yook (look) at myself in the mirror.' .............."Ok" [April 11, 2012]
~Ellie's first trip to the dentist. She sat so still, and held her mouth open and let the hygenist polish her teeth and even do a floride treatment. She was awesome. (The hygenist said she did better than most 8 year olds) On the way home she said 'dat was SOOOO fun' :) [April 12, 2012]
~He did it again. I went in for my haircut, and Matt had sneakily added a facial/massage to my appointment...it was pretty awesome... :) [April 14, 2012]
~Matt's been volunteering to take the kids on Tuesday nights. He comes home, takes the kids, makes them dinner, puts them to bed, and I get a whole night to do whatever. I feel super selfish doing it, but I will admit I'm a much better mommy the rest of the week when I've had 'my night.' Tonight's agenda--crafting. :) [April 17, 2012]
~'Today's a dood day to doe potty' Just some words of wisdom from Ellie. [April 18, 2012]
~Had the mom and the MIL over in the same weekend. If I'm suuuuuper defensive about everything I do or say for the next little while...you'll know why. [April 23, 2012]
~Kaydo just went tinkles in the potty. All by himself. We haven't even been potty training him. Awesome! [April 24, 2012]
~What to do with the kids? A day hasn't gone this s.l.o.w.l.y in a really long time. [April 25, 2012]
~Two years ago I was getting ready to be discharged from the hospital. Contractions were finally--sort of--under control. Then BAM doctor says, we've got to deliver this baby now. Such is the personality of Kaydo. He'll be a great football player, going full speed in one direction, then leave you sitting, blinking, and wondering what just happened while he's off laughing and giggling in a completely different direction. We sure love you critter. Happy birthday! [April 26, 2012]
~There's something magical about blowing bubbles on a perfect day, in the shade, with two crazy cute kiddos. Too bad I get lightheaded...or I could do that all day. :) [May 1, 2012]
~The mama bear in me came out today...it still surprises me when that happens...and if you're around...watch out...I claim no responsibility for my words or actions when protecting the kiddos [May 1, 2012]
~Today was one thing after another...little things. A lot of them...makes for kind of a grumpy day. To try and keep the grumpies away I just keep remembering Ellie's middle-of-the-night rest stop observation, groggy Ellie looks up and says 'Mom, big pottys sure are hard for little bums' :) She makes me laugh. [May 16, 2012]
~Having a brother in Iraq makes days like today more meaningful to me. God bless those families remembering someone special today. We honor the sacrifice you both have made for our country. [May 28 2012]
~Every nap time I nap I wish that I had been productive. Every time I'm productive, all I can think about is a nap... [June 4, 2012]
~Making books out of my blog...just finished formatting the posts of Kaydo's birth. He was so tiny, and oh the memories that rushed back seeing the oxygen tube, IVs, monitors, and and all the other cords and tubes that when into such a little guy. *whew* I'm emotionally exhausted. [June 6 2012]
~Almost to the summer solstice!! Can't wait for it to start being darker a little earlier...this 9:00 sunset is killing me! [June9 2012]
~I just finished reading scriptures to the kids and Ellie says 'MOM! You didn't say, 'an it tame to pass'' :) [June 10, 2012]
~Been single-parenting it for the last week. Still trying to recover from the 1:30am chat with my sister-in-law, but sometimes, that's even better than sleep. Oh how we LOVE our cousins, 'teppe,' and 'daddy tebin' (Love that Ellie loves my brother enough to call him daddy Kevin. :) ) [June 15 2012]
~You've never heard a 'fishing tale' until you've heard 6 kids talking about blowing bubbles. One was so big a family of birds lived in it... :) Lindsay Thoreson, did you really get to keep the family of birds that lived in that huge bubble? :) (Thanks for letting them play, they are so fun!) [June 21, 2012]
~Does anyone know how Saratoga is still fairing? The red glowing smoke over the mountain makes it look bad. Still no houses? I hope. [June 22, 2012]
~I love that my kids think I'm hilarious. It takes as little as an awesome/embarrassing face...and they laugh hysterically. Thanks for the confidence boost kiddos. :) [Junly 2, 2012]
~Told the kids a few times to stop playing with the water from the bathroom sink...buuut they're happy, and entertained, and playing well together, and the giggles are priceless. I'll pretend like I don't know they are still playing with it...and give them towels to clean it up with later [July 3, 2012]
~Obviously, the rain is most important for putting out the fires, and we're so grateful for that. But a close second is splashing in puddles with oversized umbrellas that don't stay over little heads, so they get soaked, and a close third is airing out the house so it smells of rain instead of poopie diapers. [July 5, 2012]
~The kids and I have been having so much fun together lately...but we're just not gelling today. We need to play in different rooms...for everybody's sanity. [July 6 212]
~Ellie- "Mommy I YUV the rain"
Me- "Me too. I love the smell, and that it cleans the air and..."
Ellie interjects- "And cleans the bird poopies off our car!" [July 13, 2012]