Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Blue

Kaydo turned blue today. I don't mean he was sad, he literally turned the most awful shade of purple/blue/gray. It was beyond scary. So we spent some quality time with the doctor. He has RSV. :( No fun for the poor li'l guy.

Someone said to me, "RSV and the first sign something was wrong was his color changed? He is some good natured kid." Well, he is. He's a really good natured kid...but somehow it sounded more like an insult on my parenting than on what a great li'l guy I've got... Yes, he had a cold...a cough and congestion...but he has that a lot. Anyway. I'm a little blue too, but more the sad type, feeling like (after that comment) I should have known something was really wrong before he changed colors.

I'll post pictures of his breathing treatment when I upload them. It was pretty cute. Ellie wore a mask too, to help Kayden calm down. He started laughing and makind dinosaur noises (his mask is a dinosaur). What a sweet girl to wear a mask so her brother stops screaming for his breathing treatment.

I love my kiddos. And I'm a good mom. And that lady can go sit on a pin.